
I just returned from Vegas. I went there for a forensic counselor's conference. Not only was the Conference disorganized but just as soon as I entered the smoke soaked hotel (The Golden Nugget)I started coughing and I didn't quit until I got to the smoke free environment of the air port. Amazingly the cough stopped immediately; no coughing at all in the air port, on the plane and at home.



Seeing my son and his family was wonderful but from now on I will try to see them in Utah or elsewhere - definitely not Vegas. Eating lunch at the In and Out Burger has become sort of a tradition but Megan told me they now have one in Hurricane. 

The kids got to swim and see the sharks in the shark tank but that's about it for their entertainment.
The atmosphere is absolutely not family friendly. Billboards are at the least very suggestive and some are out right sexual. When we walked through the Excalibur and another hotel/casino I sat on a bench across from a Coyote Ugly shop. The TV was playing loud, LOUD music which I ignored at first. After resting a few minutes the words to the music permeated my awareness and I was shocked at the graffic wording. Is that popular music or is it just what Coyote Ugly plays? I admit I'm out of the loop where popular music is concerned but that was downright pornographic. I hated hearing it and I hated reacting to it. Fortunately my daughter-in-law got the kids out of there before they caught sight, or in this case sound, of the music. 
Even the Donnie and Marie show had a somewhat suggestive spot in their performance and I must say I was disappointed in that. The show was energetic and the banter between Donnie and Marie funny. They really are good entertainers. The show didn't compare to Celine's but it was fun. I think Celine spoiled me.
I'm about done with my ranting but the bottom line is I won't go to Vegas again unless I have to. If you don't put money in slots or enjoy seeing half dressed women and drunk people or disgusting billboards there is not a lot else there. I felt like I needed a bath the whole time I was there. Definitely not peaceful and uplifting.


