
Today I was driving down the road and saw a sad, sad thing. Someone was displaying the American flag at half mast. The flag was faded and ripped and I could hardly tell what the colors were. Not a block down the road a bright, colorful flag flew at the top of the flag pole and the sun was shining on it. It was waving in the wind and it seemed to glow. There's no life lesson here, just observation. I get a thrill every time I see a flag displayed although I don't display one. Maybe there is a story behind the dull, ragged flag I saw; or maybe it was just carelessness. Whatever happened it reminded me that I love America.
In another awareness experience I discovered that Brownie (Kelly's miniature Daschund - is that how you spell that?) has been pooping in the cat litter. There has been a sort of passive/aggressive battle since Brownie got here. Brownie has gotten to sleep in Holly's bed where the cat usually sleeps and now Brownie has messed up her bathroom. To add insult to injury, somehow the cat was left outside for 3 or 4 hours while Brownie got to be in the house. Now the cat is not speaking to anybody in the family. I would think that a dog as smart as the one in the picture (that's Brownie) couldn't plan passive aggressive behavior.


