I just spent a week on Siesta Key with my two daughters and their families. We stayed in a two bedroom Condo which was really nice.
What fun! Walking every morning on the beach and watching the sun rise was inspiring. The storms which came and went in about 20 minutes were the result of the hurricane in the gulf. Waves were often above my head and the troughs left me in knee high water. I had to time my exit from the Gulf so I wouldn't be knocked over.
We visited Turtle Beach (has artificial sand!)
Gasparilla island
and Sanibel/Captiva.
Thomas Edison's summer home is in Fort Myers but no tourists are allowed inside if it is raining. There is a huge banyan tree on the grounds that was to Edison by Harvey Firestone.
At night the kids would play while we worked on jigsaw puzzles - a totally mindless activity which is addicting.
We stopped at a burger joint on Sanibel called Cheeburger Cheeburger. They had something like 1000 flavors of milk shakes and a challenge for Jamie - the one pound cheese burger. If he ate it he got his picture taken and placed on the wall of fame. Best of all the played 50's music. Deanna definitely did not like my singing "yip, yip, yip, yip, boom, boom, boom get a job" to her.
I should have the rest of the pictures from the vacation posted on my travels Blog soon.


