Sunday, April 19, 2009

THIS AND THAT


I had the opportunity to hear Deana sing in church today. She did a wonderful job. She sounded confident and hit all the notes. Trudy, her other grandmother, sat with me and we both were as proud as we could be.

I haven't been to a protestant church in years and it was an eye opener. The church itself was beutiful. The youth minister had on jeans and a western shirt. There were drums, a two guitars, a piano and a trumpet. The music was nothing I was familiar with, and the sermon was an explanation of a few verses from the book of John. Not at all what I've been accustomed to in the past but really nice.


Holly couldn't go hear Deana because she started back to work today. After being fired from Disney she was rehired. I have to say Mickey's employer is screwed up! I am shocked at the underhanded tactics, dishonesty, and unethical managerial behaviors Holly was subjected to. I've respected Disney till now - another icon bites the dust.